Himecho is a bit of an institution in Nozawa Onsen. It is a Guest House in an amazing location but was also home to the famous Karaoke Bar run by Kimiko san for many years. At the end of this season she decided to hang up the microphones and move on. The new owners have taken over and will run it as a single house which can be rented out for good size groups . It is an older Machiya style house not unlike the ones you find in Kyoto.
Sleeps up to 15 guests in 5 Bedrooms with 2 Bathrooms .
One of the biggest selling points for Himecho is it’s location. Set just near the breathe taking Ogama outdoor cooking Onsen and below the spectacular Temples and Shrines. It is a lovely street to walk along in the evenings and take in the atmosphere.
- Nearest chairlift – Yu Road moving walk way just 100m
- Bus stop – 400 m
- Restaurants and bars – 300m to Main Street and Napa Cafe next door great coffee!
- Supermarket – 300 m
- Childcare – up on Yu road and is at the top at Hikage
- Rental shop & Ski lessons – 500m at Nozawa Central and will drop off
- 5 Japanese Style Tatami Rooms of various sizes
- Two communal bathrooms and toilet facilities
- Can sleep up to 12 Adults and 8 Children but 15 is comfortable
- English speaking staff on site to help
- There may be a French restaurant going in the building
- It is an older style house but if a big group is a terrific location to stay in
- No kitchen available for self catering but lots of restaurants nearby