Arguably set in the best position in the Village, Nozawa House sleeps up to 8 people and is a fully self-contained ski house right in the middle of the snow whilst still being near the village!
Please note: late night check-ins are best avoided with on-snow accommodations.
360 Degree Panorama
All this and with no immediate neighbours means you’ll get to enjoy a private, tranquil holiday escape. Magnificent views out to the forest, ski lifts and across the valley and village.
3 Bedrooms Sleeps 8
The beautiful, self-contained Nozawa House is made up of three bedrooms, and can comfortably sleep 8 people in a blend of Western and Japanese style lodging.
- One bedroom has a double bed,
- One has two bunk beds, and
- One room is Japanese style with Futons for bedding.
Well equipped, the house has two Western style toilets (one on the ground floor, one on the second) with wash basins and a shower room with a big bath that looks out over the stream below.
The kitchen has everything you need, including a fridge, microwave, gas stove, and more.
The open dining area allows you to enjoy your home-cooked meals while you gaze out over the village and valley below.
“Breathtaking! Can’t think of a better position for a skiing holiday.
Really appreciated the extra space and the nicely furnished house. And having Mark check in for a chat and to make sure all was okay was lovely.”
Sarah B, Canada
Nozawa House is fully self-contained and has everything to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.
- Three bedrooms – one with double bed, one with two bunk beds to sleep 4 and one Japanese style with futons to sleep 2 or 3
- Can sleep 8 people comfortably in a blend of Western and Japanese style
- Fully equipped kitchen with all you need, fridge, microwave, gas stove and more
- Two toilets, one on the ground floor and one on the second both with wash basins
- One shower room with a big bath that looks out over the stream below
- Open Dining area with magic views over the village and valley beyond
- Cozy chill out living room with DVD player, stereo and a big TV
- Ski storage area downstairs so you can ski back to your front door
- car park available in summer
At Nozawa House, you’re close to everything:
- A very short walk to the many great restaurants and bars
- 50 metres to a public onsen
- Ski to your front door and walk to Yu Road to get back up
- Yu-road (moving walkway) is down the road to get to Hikage station and the kids park
Nozawa House is located on the snow! (No.1 on our town map). Please have a look at the below maps (click for the PDF file) to see the convenient location of Nozawa House, lots of great places to eat and local landmarks.
There are free public hot springs housed in traditional buildings all round the village. Perfect after a hard day of skiing with local restaurants, pubs, ATMs, the Post Office and supermarket all a very easy stroll away.
We believe the rate for Nozawa House is unbeatable value for a house that’s actually on the snow!
- High season prices: 85,000 Yen per night (20/Dec/23- 29/Feb/24)
- Early March prices: 76,500 Yen per night (1/Mar/24- 11/Mar/24)
- Off peak season prices: 72,250 Yen per night (1/Dec- 19/Dec/23 & 12/Mar- 31/Mar/24)
- 20% off the high season rate from April 1st
- Minimum 7 nights stay
Summer season (9/May- 30/Nov/23) – prices staring from 20,000yen *A great weekly and monthly discount available. Please book from “Book Now”
Check-in Information for Your Stay
Address: 8224-1 Oaza-Toyosato, Nozawa-Onsen-Mura, Shimo-Takai Gun Nagano 389-2502
Contacts: +81(0)269-67-0467 or +81(0)80-6935-6026 (you can use WhatsApp!)
Check-in: 3pm – 7pm
Early check-ins: Please come to Nozawa Central. You are more than welcome to leave your luggage (including ski and snowboard bags) with us until you are able to check-in.
Late check-ins: Let us know if you plan to arrive after 7pm and we will leave the door unlocked. You will need to walk on the snow about 50m to get to this accommodation. So the late check in is not recommended.
Office hours: 8am – 7pm
Please note: In winter, If checking-in before 7pm, please come to Nozawa Central for a town orientation and to collect your lift vouchers as well as rental gear if required. If checking-in after 7pm, you can go directly to your accommodation. Please get off the bus at Chuo Terminal and take a taxi to as close to the accommodation. (You will need to walk about 50m on the snow.) There is a tablet provided to contact us if you need anything. In green season go directly to your accommodation.
You can transfer your luggage from / to wherever you like in Japan. To send them to us (you will need to use the Nozawa Central address) please write your booking names and your check-in date and we will take care of your luggage until you arrive.
Complete Your Holiday
If you haven’t seen the variety of snow services we offer to our guests, please feel free to check out what we offer.
Cash in Nozawa Onsen
Japan is predominantly a cash society, and it can be difficult to find places that accept cards as payment. Please ensure that you bring enough cash in Yen with you. You can exchange money at the airport bank, or before you leave home.
There are two ATMs in Nozawa Onsen. One is located next to the Tourist Information Office which accepts most bank cards. The other ATM is located just inside the Post Office glass sliding door, which is open until 6pm each evening.
Restaurants around Town
There are a large array of restaurants and bars around Nozawa Onsen, all of which have a uniqueness about them. Please feel free to check out our free Restaurant and Bar Guide to see what takes your fancy!
Any other questions? Check here: FAQ