Nozawa Onsen is already firmly on the radar for many people in Winter for the ski season, but it is also an amazing place to visit and enjoy in Summer during the Green Season.
The village and surrounding mountains come alive with outdoor activities, festivals and farming. You can take the gondola up with your mountain bike then ride down, enjoying the views and mountain trails. End your day with a soothing soak in one of our 13 free Onsens, then enjoy some amazing food picked fresh from the farm and served at one of our 30 restaurants in the village.
Green Season Is Just As Beautiful
Experience An Unforgettable Japanese Summer
Some of the great activities to explore include:
- Mountain Biking- Rent a bike from 2000 Yen a day
- Kayaking, Stand Up Paddle and Rafting
- Yoga and Meditation
- Golf, Tennis, Soccer
- Relaxing in an Onsen
The Yoga Retreat runs from August to October and Nozawa is the perfect destination for it with natural Hot Springs, fresh mountain air and scenic Temples. Here is a link for details; Yoga Retreat Japan
Here is a link to some info on Mountain Biking in Nozawa Mountain Biking Nozawa Onsen
Here is a link to the Summer Skiing and Nozawa Sports Park Summer Skiing Nozawa Onsen
Some less strenuous pursuits include:
- Cooking Classes
- Artist and Writers Retreats
- Music Camps
- Aikido and Judo Campos
- Farm Experience
- Day Tours to the Monkey’s, Temples, Sake Factories and Art Galleries
- Just relaxing and roaming the village streets and enjoy the amazing Japanese cuisine.
Top 10 Things to Do in Nozawa over the Green Season check it here; Top 10 Things to do in Nozawa over Summer
Experience Nozawa Summer Lantern Festival
We Love The Green Season At Nozawa
Nozawa Onsen is a very interesting village, with hundreds of years of history. It was a mountain Onsen retreat long before it became a famous ski resort.
The food, people and scenery are all enthralling and you are sure to fall in love with this little town.
And with the new bullet train from Tokyo to nearby Iiyama, you can be in Nozawa in just two hours from Tokyo. Click here to see how easy it is!
Check out this great video by the Nozawa Onsen Ryokan Association gives you some insight into how nice Summer is in Nozawa
Our lodges and apartments are open all year round, and most are half price of the winter months.
With prices from as little as:
- Villa Nozawa – 3500 Yen per person per night Also Kaiya Nozawa Lodge
- Nozawa House – 20,000 Yen for a 3 bedroom house per night (sleeps up to 8 people)
- Nozawa Central Apartments from just 12,000 Yen a night for a 2 bedroom and 15,0000 for 3 bedrooms
- Great Summer Packages available with lots of options Nozawa Onsen Summer Package Deals
Contact Us to book your place today!
We hope to see you up here soon. The Mountains are calling….