Kawamotoya is a Ryokan/Hotel style accommodation in a unique part of the village of Nozawa Onsen. It was renovated a few years ago and is a nice blend of traditional feel and modern touches. The Ryokan has its own in-house Onsen and also nearby the popular Kumanotearai Onsen.
Rooms are all Japanese tatami style with futon bedding, toilet & basin attached and some with bathrooms. There are standard size tatami rooms, deluxe size tatami rooms and family size tatami room. Rooms on the higher floors have great views of the village and mountain.
Kawamotoya has all the facilities to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.
- Spacious Dining Room and in-house Restaurant called Kai
- Wifi in the rooms and around the hotel
- Onsens – Mens and Ladies on site
- Laundry facilities with drying room for ski gear
- Beer and Drink Vending Machine
- Ski Room
- English speaking staff
- Rental equipment available thru Nozawa Holidays
- Ski & snowboard lessons also thru Nozawa Holidays
Unique location on the lower part of the village. Easy walk to town and not far to the commuting lift
- Closest chairlift – Shinyu Pair Lift – 250 m takes you up to Hikage
- Snow shuttle bus – 200 m
- Iiyama Bus stop – 200 m
- Restaurants and bars – right there and awesome Okonomiyaki next door
- Supermarket – 300 m
- Childcare – Up at Hikage so Shinyu Pair Lift or walk up to people mover
- Rental shop & lessons – 400m to Nozawa Central and will drop back to Hotel