Enjoy the now Nozawa
Isn’t it wild how we spent December worrying about whether the snow would come! Now we have more than we know what to do with. The snow gods have been blessing us at Nozawa Onsen since Christmas and the snow favours won’t be stopping any time soon with more snow in the forecast.
At the year’s beginning, it can be easy to feel overwhelmed about the year to come, feeling anxious concern over the future and regret about what happened the year previous. Nozawa Onsen and its peaceful charm offer a time to enjoy the present.
Next time you’re out skiing or boarding up at Nozawa, I encourage you to stop, pause and reflect. Take a few deep breaths, gaze out at the tiny village view lying far below you where people are going about their daily lives. Let gratitude colour the rest of your day.
Temperature at the top; -8 degrees
New snow since yesterday; 20cm of fresh powder!
Base at the top; 190cm
Snow conditions; Powder! It will be deep in places, especially around the trees.
Weather; Snowing lightly but forecast to ease and may see some sun later today and into tomorrow
LIFTS IN OPERATION:
- Nagasaka and Hikage Gondola’s open from 8:30am.
- The Hikage Quad, Challenge Pair and Utopia Pair are closed due to maintenance.
- Please check nozawaski.com for the latest updates and closing times.
- All runs are open including Skyline with the exception of:
- Kandahar East, Yunomine A, Mukobayashi, Grandprix, Hachiman, and Half Pipe.
- The Snow Park and Kandahar West are partially open.
- Please do not ski in restricted areas. There is still insufficient snow cover in many places and it’s dangerous to ski outside of the resort area without proper backcountry experience.
The forecast is full of surprises as always! After a day of sunshine with light snow showers tomorrow, Saturday evening is now looking to bring 30cm of fresh snow. This may continue into Sunday with 10cm by lunchtime. The snow machine is set to continue into next week with more snowfall on Monday. Please wrap up warm as this Siberian front chills the bones!
Check back tomorrow for the latest forecast and in the mean time, tag #nozawaonsenjapan to share your photos from another sweet as day skiing Nozawa Onsen.