Base at top: 100 cm
Temp at Top: 3 Degrees
Base at Uenotaira station: 25 cm
New snow since close: 0 cm
As expected we have an overcast day here and rain. The resort is open. So for the hard core you can be guaranteed zero crowds up on the slopes today. Wind is picking up and is expected to be strong today so keep an eye on the Gondola incase it closes.
Good day for an Onsen though and we have 13 free ones housed in Traditional buildings scattered throughout the Village. Some with open roofs so can feel the elements around you while soaking up the hot goodness. Also Sparena the outdoor onsen is perfect for a soak and gaze across the valley.
Here are a few tips on how to enjoy the Onsens. Happy bathing…
- Bring; a Towel – small is best, soap and
- Pick the right door Mens and Ladies are well
- Take shoes off before you step on the raised
wooden area after entering and put in the
bottom of the lockers, put all clothes in the top.
- Before getting into the pool totally wash your
body with soap.
- Rinse off using a combination of the hot water
from the spring and if need be the cold water
from the taps on the walls before entering.
You can use the buckets supplied.
- Can be bit hot at first so ease yourself in and relax.
- Use a small towel dry yourself before stepping
on the wood, also handy if you are a little modest.
- Take your shoes and put on as stepping from
the wood to the concrete area.
- No drinking or eating allowed in the Onsens,
try and keep splashing and noise to a minimum.
- Remember to smile and enjoy, you will have a
warm buzz for hours.
To see how it all works –
There is also talk of a Flea Market on today from 2pm in town