More lifts open Nozawa
The weekend’s glorious puking down of snow has delivered us what we’ve all eagerly been waiting for these last few weeks – a village covered in snow nestled amongst a winter wonderland of snow covered trees! And of course, the snow has meant much more of Nozawa Onsen Snow Resort has been opening! Check below for the latest updates and please check nozawaski.com for the most recent information. There are a few more courses scheduled to open this afternoon, including the Schneider course and Challenger 39. wall, both advanced runs. Also the Forest Trail or Rinkan course beginner run Number 21 that will take you all the way from Top to Bottom!
Temperature at the top; -5 degrees up on Yamabiko.
New snow since yesterday; 15cm total
Base at the top; 135cm (Isn’t it amazing how quickly the base can build! We were at 35cm just a few days ago)
Snow conditions; Fresh Powder and beautiful on the groomers
Weather; It will be a beautiful day up on the mountain with a break in the snow! Get up there and enjoy those gorgeous views peeking through the clouds.
LIFTS IN OPERATION:
- ~ Nagasaka Gondola Lift – 8:30-15:30 (down line 16:00)
- ~ Hikage Gondola Lift – 8:30-15:30 (down line 16:00))
- ~ Yamabiko No. 2 Quad Lift – 8:40-15:40
- ~ Yamabiko Quad – 8:45-15:30
- ~ Skyline Double – 8:40-15:50
- ~ Uenotaira Quad – 8:40-15:40
- ~ Paradise Quad – 8:45-15:30
- ~ Hikage Quad – 8:30-16:30
- ~ Hikage Triple – 8:30-16:30
- ~ Nagasaka Triple – 8:30-16:30
- ~ Nagasaka gondola-link Double – 8:30-16:30
- ~ Yu Road – 8:00-16:40
- ~ Yamabiko Courses A, B, C and D and E, intermediate slopes
- ~ Uenotaira Slope, a beginner slope
- ~Kogenashi A and B course, intermediate slopes!
- ~ Paradise
- ~ Hikage Slope
- ~ Hikage Wall
- ~ Nagasaka-Link
- ~ Kumataka
- ~ Kitsune
- PARTIALLY OPEN: Nagasaka + Snow Park
Here is a link to both the Town Map and the resort Map if like to check out all those runs; https://www.nozawaholidays.com/town-map/Link also in Bio
The next few days will be relatively calm compared to the weekend we’ve just had! There will be light snow showers throughout today ending with a clear evening. Tomorrow should be sunny for most of the day with snow showers building into the evening.
Wednesday looks like another snowy day with just over 30cm on the forecast at the moment! Check back tomorrow for the most recent forecast information. Stay safe out there and please don’t venture too far off the piste as not yet ready. Shout out to our amazing Ski Patrol too. They do an amazing job keeping everyone safe out there.
Tag #nozawaonsenjapan to be featured on our stories during the day! Stay safe out there and have fun!