Practising Japanese Language Nozawa
Ohayō gozaimasu! (Good morning!)
The sun stayed hidden for most of yesterday with several complete white-outs during the day on the mountain as the mist rolled in and sunk into the valleys.
But the sun will be back today! It’s always an instant-pick-me-up to see the blue sky after the mist clears. Checking the cams and it is shaping up to be a magnificent sunny day up in the mountains.
I wanted to share with you a few helpful Japanese phrases you can use while skiing, dining, and chatting with the locals.
When out skiing
~ Thanking the lifties! Arigatou gozaimasu
When out dining
~ Excuse me. Do you have an English menu available? Sumimasen. Eigo no menu wa arimasu ka?
~ I would like 3 beers, please. Biiru o mittsu onegai shimasu
~ Bon Apetit! Ittadakimasu
~ Delicious! Oishii
~ Please. Kudasai
~ Thank you for the meal. Gochisosama
~ Excuse me, could we get the bill/check, please. Sumimasen. O kaikei o onegai shimasu
At the onsen
~ Good evening. Konbanwa
~ Goodnight. Oyasuminasai
Temperature at the top; -4 degrees
New snow since yesterday; 0 cm
Base at the top; 185cm
Snow conditions; Great groomers today, perfect for practicing those carving turns
Weather; Mostly blue skies with some clouds
LIFTS IN OPERATION:
- Nagasaka and Hikage Gondola’s open from 8:00am.
- The Hikage Quad is still closed due to maintenance.
- Please check nozawaski.com for the latest updates and closing times.
- All runs are open with the exception of:
- Yunomine A, Mukobayashi, Grandprix, Hachiman, and Half Pipe.
- The Snow Park and Kandahar West and East are partially open.
- Please do not ski in restricted areas. There is still insufficient snow cover in many places and it’s dangerous to ski outside of the resort area without proper backcountry experience.
Clouds are forecast to roll in during the evening and there should be a big cold front passing through overnight, delivering half a metre of new snow. There will be light to moderate snow showers on Tuesday, clearing by Wednesday, which looks like it’s going to be a beautiful clear day. At the moment, there will be a few clear days until Sunday when another storm is brewing.
f you’d like to visit Nozawa Onsen in the coming weeks to make the most of the new snow, check our accomodation availability calendar. Or just email the booking staff on email@example.com for a quote as not all availability is online.
We’ll provide the latest forecast tomorrow so check back then!
While you’re out having fun, tag #nozawaonsenjapan to share you photos and be featured on our stories.