Your Mum, your kid’s Mum and even your Mother in Law all deserve a holiday! Bet she would love Nozawa Onsen whether she skis or not. Hopefully like my dear Mum at 76 she is still very keen on sliding down the slopes and if she does you will be in her good books for ever if surprise her with a snow holiday to Nozawa this coming season.
Even if she does not ski or board Nozawa is one of the few resorts that offers so much more. Here are a few things that Mum can enjoy while you are out there in the elements;
- Onsens there are 13 free ones in the Village and some great private ones too. Great way to relax as you discover the village.
- Day spas and Massage treatments. Shiatsu, Reiki and many of the great massage styles were developed in Japan and there are some great options in Nozawa
- Yoga is quickly getting popular in Nozawa and nothing better than an Onsen, a Yoga session then a hot drink while soaking in a foot onsen over looking the village
- Exploring the shops, restaurants, cafes, and bars in Nozawa. We have almost 50 restaurants and bars in our little town of 4000 people now and with the quaint narrow snow covered streets it is lots of fun to set out and explore.
- History Lesson, temples, shrines and museums Nozawa is known as the Kyoto of ski towns and has some beautiful shrines scattered throughout the village. Also two museums one for skiing and one on the village
- Day Trips, from Nozawa it is easy to get to some other very interesting towns. Nagano City is only 40 minutes away now with the bullet train and is a fun city. Obuse has lots of Art Galleries and traditional restaurants and a Sake brewery well worth checking out. Don’t forget the famous snow monkeys!
Anyway that should keep most Mums and little ones that aren’t skiing busy for a week. But lets hope they are keen to hit the slopes together!
We are offering a Free Massage for any trips booked for Mothers over this coming weekend. Just mention you heard about it here. Will even do it for Mother in Laws!