The Green Season in Nozawa Onsen.
Summer in Nozawa is always an amazing feeling. Everything is so green and lush. It is such a contrast to the white of the Winter months. With rich volcanic soil and an abundance of water flowing from the natural springs everything grows like wild flowers. Hard to believe but for the local population Farming is probably as important a livelihood as tourism from the magnificent skiing! Many families in town are almost self sufficient growing rice, a wide variety of vegetables and even picking wild mountain vegetables too. For the outdoor adventurer there are lots of fun activities on the menu
- Mountain Biking – the main Nagasaka Gondola is open from mid July to the end of August and there are some challenging off road tracks to fly down
- Hiking – the mountains you ski on are also beautiful to explore. With waterfalls, scenic views, pretty flowers and even some wild life.
- Rafting and Paddle boarding – the Chikuma river in the valley gets some amazing run off from the snow melt and can get a serious flow in places. Lots of magnificent lakes nearby too for a paddle or a fish!
- Sports like Tennis, Soccer, Golf and even Skate boarding. Nozawa has courts and fields and parks to enjoy them all
- Onsen – then at the end of the day nothing better to rest the weary muscles than a long soak in one of the many peaceful Onsens in the Village most of which are free to use!
Our houses and Lodges are open for most of the Green season from May until November and we do some great deals at almost Half Price of the ski season. So grab some friends or just some quiet time and consider a trip up to the Nozawa and some fresh mountain air.