Sunny day Nozawa Resort
It was an excellent day up at Nozawa Snow Resort yesterday with patches of fresh powder still to be discovered and so much more terrain to explore. It felt great to work up a sweat while skiing the moguls! The reward – a beautiful view looking down over snow covered, picturesque Nozawa Onsen village – the clouds lifting just in time.
The village is bustling with visitors and there’s a great atmosphere all round as we head into the final week of 2022. Isn’t it crazy how fast this year has gone? While you’re up there today enjoying the mountain views, take a look back on the year and see just how far you’ve come. More news on New Year celebrations in Nozawa Onsen tomorrow!
Temperature at the top; -4 degrees up on Yamabiko.
New snow since yesterday; 0cm
Base at the top; 100cm
Snow conditions; Beautiful on the groomers. Will be crusty for the first part of the day.
Weather; It will be a magic day up on the mountain with a break in the snow! Get up there and enjoy those gorgeous views peeking through the clouds. Check out the web cams looks pretty special up there; https://nozawa-onsen.com/nozawa-webcams/
LIFTS IN OPERATION:
- ~ Nagasaka Gondola Lift – 8:30-15:30 (down line 16:00)
- ~ Hikage Gondola Lift – 8:30-15:30 (down line 16:00))
- ~ Yamabiko No. 2 Quad Lift – 8:40-15:40
- ~ Yamabiko Quad – 8:45-15:30
- ~ Skyline Double – 8:40-15:50
- ~ Uenotaira Quad – 8:40-15:40
- ~ Paradise Quad – 8:45-15:30
- ~ Hikage Quad – 8:30-16:30
- ~ Hikage Triple – 8:30-16:30
- ~ Nagasaka Triple – 8:30-16:30
- ~ Nagasaka gondola-link Double – 8:30-16:30
- ~ Yu Road – 8:00-16:40
- ~ Yamabiko Courses A, B, C and D and E, intermediate slopes
- ~ Uenotaira Slope, a beginner slope
- ~Kogenashi A and B course, intermediate slopes!
- ~ Paradise
- ~ Hikage Gelaande
- ~ Hikage Wall
- ~ Nagasaka-Link
- ~ Kumataka
- ~ Kitsune
- ~ Schneider
- ~ Challenger course
- ~ Utopia A an B
- ~ Forest and Ushikubi course
- ~ Yunomine Slope B and Mizunashi Slope B
- ~ Isemiya
- ~ Nagasaka
- ~ Forest shortcut
- PARTIALLY OPEN: Snow Park
Link in bio for the latest resort map.
The morning mist should hopefully rise and after a clear sunny day, light snow showers will begin in the evening down to 700m.
Thursday’s snowstorm is building with just under 40cm forecast right now. Light snow showers should continue into Friday. Check back tomorrow for the most recent forecast information! Stay safe out there and please don’t venture too far off the piste as not yet ready.
Tag #nozawaonsenjapan to be featured on our stories during the day!