White New Years Nozawa
And just like that, we are in the thick of the Nozawa Ski Resort 22/23 season! The Christmas snow has been topped up overnight with 24cm and it’s looking to be a nice white New Years. It’s now an official Japanese public holiday so all lifts and gondolas will be opening from 8am over the next few days and head up early and beat those crowds.
Night skiing this evening will be determined depending on the conditions of the Nagasaka slope so check back with nozawaski.com later in the day for the most recent update.
Temperature at the top; -5 degrees up on Yamabiko.
New snow since yesterday; 24cm
Base at the top; 100cm
Snow conditions; Powder on Yamabiko, groomers lower down.
Weather; Light snow showers throughout the day, wrap up warm!
LIFTS IN OPERATION:
- Most access lifts are in operation from 8:00am and other lifts open from 8:10 or 8:15.
- The Hikage Quad is closed due to maintenance.
- Please check nozawaski.com for the latest updates and closing times.
- All runs are open with the exception of:
- ~ Yunomine A, Mizunashi A, Challenge 39.degree Wall, Kandahar West, Kandahar East, Grandprix, Jumping, Hachiman, Usagi and Half Pipe.
- The Snow Park is partially open.
New Year’s Eve is looking fine in the morning, with light snow showers in the afternoon and evening. The forecast for New Years Day at the moment is looking fine and sunny – a perfect welcoming for 2023. Heavy snow showers in the evening, with 32cm on its way. Check back tomorrow for the latest forecast.
Tag #nozawaonsenjapan to be featured on our stories during the day!