Base up top: 380 cm Temperature; +6 Degrees
Base at bottom; 260 cm
New Snow: 0 cm Weather; Overcast
Not a real inspiring day outside. Pretty overcast and we got hit by some rain too. Lots of the gang have headed up and have not seen anyone come back yet so must not be too bad up there. But if you are looking for a day off then today is probably as good as any. The Nagasaka Gondola was closed for a little while too with high winds but is up again now.
Yesterday in comparison was a beautiful day with loads of sunshine and some great conditions especially up high. As reported yesterday in the Village it was warm and the snow melting a bit.
Good news is temps are still set to drop and some snow should start to roll in from later today all going well. On the forecast the amount of snow expected from Friday night on has been pumped up a bit to and may get up to 30cm out of it. Freezing level should also drop to below sea level by Sunday night as well
The other good new is that in Nozawa Onsen there is still some cool things to do on a not so perfect day
- Hit an Onsen, there are 13 free ones in town. If you do all of them you can get a free bandana from the Tourist Office
- There are 2 museums in town. The Ski museum and the Cultural Museum both well worth a look
- Grab a toboggan and do a restaurant crawl over the resort. Always fun but take it easy on the grape and grain
- Cross country ski or snowshoe. Nice to see the mountains at a different speed!
- Relax take a walk and enjoy one of the 30 restaurants, bars and cafes that Nozawa Onsen has to offer