Nozawa Onsen Restaurant Bookings
Tips Restaurants Nozawa Onsen
Most of the year you can get into a restaurant in Nozawa no problem but at busy times there is a bit of competition to get in to the popular restaurants. Have a look at our new Restaurant Guide for Nozawa with lots of tips and reviews of most of the delicious places to eat in town. Restaurant and Bar Guide Nozawa Onsen
A few tips get in early or late, get off the main drag, head to the big places like Kongo Night Market and Sparena if want to be sure to get a seat, book a night ahead when out and about.
- Get in Early! Most people eat around 7pm so get in by 6pm and beat the rush.
- Book ahead- Many places now have English speakers so you can book yourself, call or message themon Facebook too. Please don’t cancel last minute or no show it is a quick way to lose face! Many restaurants speak English too an the contacts are on the guide above.
- Get off the main drag! Lots of people wander the main Oyu Doru Street and so the restaurants there get crowded. Explore a little off the beaten track and you will be rewarded.
- Go in smaller groups! There are not many large restaurants in the village so if less people it makes it easier.
- Lights are on somebody is home. It is cold outside so naturally most places will have their doors closed. But if the lights are on and especially if there is a red lantern out front then they are open for business so don’t be shy to go in.
- Some of the lodges will cook dinners just ask, they can be amazing meals!
- If you have booked your holiday with Nozawa Holidays we are happy to help where can. The office girls do get overwhelmed with people wanting to book restaurants for them and it can be very tricky. We can book your first night for you or a special occasion but after that best you book yourself. Restaurant owners also prefer that too and to see you face to face and know you are coming.
- So once in town go around and talk to the owners of the places you want to go to eat. Do after your dinner on the first night.
- Important! Please do not cancel last minute. Australians sorry many of you are notorious for this. Japanese would never do that so it is very offensive to the hosts and the lose money. If think you may have to cancel please don’t book to start with. Just wing it you can always get into Kongo Night Market, A takeaway Pizza from Akari or Gochisou, A Burger from Genki, A Kebab or Oyaki Bun on the streets if get stuck.
The food is half the experience in Nozawa so enjoy it. Ittadakimasu